Society for Interdisciplinary Studies
CHRONOLOGY & CATASTROPHISM WORKSHOP
1988, Number 2
SOCIETY NEWS 1 ARTICLES by Dwardu Cardona 4 by Anthony H. Rees 7 by George R. Harvey 10 by Alan Dilnot 13 by Dick Atkinson 15 FORUM: C. Leroy Ellenberger and David Salkeld on tippe-tops, the Earth's dynamo, etc 18 BOOKSHELF 21
- * Catastrophic faunal assemblage * Model supernovae won't explode * Surprised astronomers view cometary tail * More C-T evidence * Climatic flips * The face on Mars * Unstable Solar System * Mathematics and the Unexpected * Fortean meteorology * Catastrophic near-extinction * Eocene climate puzzle * Oceans of cometary origin? * On deaf ears * Magnetic reversals and sea level * `Frost Rings' queried * Human origins in Asia? * Unreliable 14C date * Problematic coal mine fossils * Adaptive mutation? * Simply amazing! * Planetary hydrocarbons * Galactic wind or electricity? * New ideas in astronomy * Volcanism at the C-T boundary * Misunderstood genius * Exodus redating debate * More acid rain * Science fact or science fiction? * What did they know? * Unique Uranus * Hairy Amber evidence * Thera - bigger yet! * Defenders of the Faith * Black gold * Crater hunting * Gravity violates Newton's laws * Of mice and ancient men * Ice age mysteries * Electricity in astronomy * The moons of Uranus * Advanced ancient technologies * Pluto's atmosphere * Revisionist dinosaurs * Ebabbara evidence * Pore power * Comet, meteor catastrophes
- Aeon - A Symposium on Myth and Science
- The Life and Death of Megaliths
- All That Glisters is not Gould
- Stranger in the Valley of the Kings
- The Archaeology of Ritual and Magic
- from M. A. Cook, D. P. Shelley-Pearce, J. D. Weir, C. H. Seitz, D. Cardona, E. W. Crew, P. Clapham,, W. Thornhill, L. J. Mitcham and D. A. Slade
Copyright (C) January 1989 Society for Interdisciplinary Studies
a registered charity (Charities Act, 1960) - registration number 286264
EDITOR: Bernard Newgrosh
EDITORIAL TEAM: Jill Abery, Derek Shelley-Pearce and David Rohl
EDITORIAL ADDRESS: Derek Shelley-Pearce, 29 Cuttam Lane North, Orpington, Kent BR6 6BX
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT: Ditas Rohl
all Subscriptions and Enquiries should be sent to the Hon. MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY: Mrs Val Pearce, 57 Meadway, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 1JH, U.K.
CHRONOLOGY & CATASTROPHISM WORKSHOP is intended to provide a forum for the ongoing debate in the related subjects of revised chronologies, Biblical studies, mythology, astronomy, catastrophist geology and evolution.
In its aim of increasing the possibilities for the exchange of ideas and information within the Society's membership, CHRONOLOGY & CATASTROPHISM WORKSHOP can be of great value for relaying snippets of information, members opinions, reviews of relevant news and articles, and in general for keeping members informed of anything which is going on and likely to be of interest in fields of chronology and catastrophism.
The Editor relies on regular feedback by way of contributions for publication.
The views expressed in these pages are not necessarily those of the Society; nor can the Society vouch for the accuracy of statements of fact (outside the immediate sphere of Society business) or of interpretations contained herein.
ISSN 0951-5984. Society for Interdisciplinary Studies