Society for Interdisciplinary Studies
CHRONOLOGY & CATASTROPHISM WORKSHOP
1992, Number 1
Derek Shelley-Pearce: An Appreciation 1 Society News 2 ARTICLES by Bob Kobres 6 by Alasdair Beal 10 by Gunnar Heinsohn 12 by Bob Porter 16 by Emmet Sweeney 21 FORUM:
- I: New Chronology Issues (Rees, Porter, Newgrosh, Rohl)
- II: Egyptian Monumental Evidence (Lasken, Rees)
- Egyptian Monumental Evidence, Addendum 1 (A. H. Rees)
32 MONITOR 33 REVIEWS:
- Environment of Violence - reviewed by David Slade
- Apollo Objects, Atlantis & The Deluge - reviewed by Dick Atkinson
- The Pyramid Age - reviewed by Phillip Clapham
- Radiocarbon Dating: an Archaeological Perspective - reviewed by Jesse Lasken
- The Scars of Evolution - reviewed by Roger Wescott
- Getting It Together - reviewed by David Roth
- R. M. Porter, M. A. Cook, W. J. Douglas, H. Mongold, D. Salkeld, B. Liesching, D. Rohl & B. Newgrosh
Copyright (C) August 1992 Society for Interdisciplinary Studies
a registered charity (Charities Act, 1960) - registration number 286264
EDITOR: Alasdair Beal
EDITORIAL TEAM: Jill Abery, Alasdair Beal, Val Pearce, Bob Porter, and David Roth
EDITORIAL ADDRESS: Alasdair Beal, 10 King George Avenue, Chapel Allerton, Leeds LS7 4LH
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT: Bernard Newgrosh
all Subscriptions and Enquiries should be sent to the Hon. MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY: Mrs Val Pearce, 10 Witley Green, Darley Heights, Stopsley LU2 8TR, Bedfordshire, UK.
CHRONOLOGY & CATASTROPHISM WORKSHOP is intended to provide a forum for the ongoing debate in the related subjects of revised chronologies, Biblical studies, mythology, astronomy, catastrophist geology and evolution.
In its aim of increasing the possibilities for the exchange of ideas and information within the Society's membership, CHRONOLOGY & CATASTROPHISM WORKSHOP can be of great value for relaying snippets of information, members opinions, reviews of relevant news and articles, and in general for keeping members informed of anything which is going on and likely to be of interest in fields of chronology and catastrophism.
The Editor relies on regular feedback by way of contributions for publication.
The views expressed in these pages are not necessarily those of the Society; nor can the Society vouch for the accuracy of statements of fact (outside the immediate sphere of Society business) or of interpretations contained herein.
ISSN 0951-5984. Society for Interdisciplinary Studies