Society for Interdisciplinary Studies
CHRONOLOGY & CATASTROPHISM WORKSHOP
1989, Number 1
SOCIETY NEWS 1 ARTICLES by Dwardu Cardona 4 by John D. Weir 7 by Anthony H. Rees 12 by Jill Abery 17 FORUM 21
- On the dating of the El-Amarna period with questions from Derek Shelley-Pearce, Anthony Chavasse & Anthony Rees and answers from Bernard Newgrosh & David Rohl
- On Eric Crew's core ejection hypothesis with comments from C. Leroy Ellenberger and response from Eric Crew
26 FOCUS: On the Eocene Climate Puzzle 27
- * Blow for Milankovitch Theory * Volcanic Mass Extinction * Polar Region Dinosaurs * 14C Dating Disarray * New Bone Dating Method * Diamond Dating Anomalies * Modern Maize by Mutation * Asteroid Phaethon an Extinct Comet? * C-T Impact Evidence * Chaotic Solar System * Cretaceous Catastrophe * Venus Oceans * New Venus Heat Problem * Incredible Star Turn * Evolutionary Rethink? * Catastrophism Reappraised * Stable Solar System * Lunar Magnetism * Tectonic Trouble * Coelacanth Phenomenon? * Rapid Field Reversals * Brave New Heresies
- Nemesis for the Dinosaurs
- The Pattern of the Past
34 BRIEFING: Death Knell for Sothic Dating
- from H. Tresman, A. Beal, C. L. Ellenberger, E. W. Crew, D. Rohl, T. Lawrence, A. Chavasse, G. Heinsohn, & D. P. Shelley-Pearce
Copyright (C) May 1989 Society for Interdisciplinary Studies
a registered charity (Charities Act, 1960) - registration number 286264
EDITOR: Bernard Newgrosh
EDITORIAL TEAM: Jill Abery, Derek Shelley-Pearce, David Rohl and Wal Thornhill
EDITORIAL ADDRESS: Derek Shelley-Pearce, 29 Cuttam Lane North, Orpington, Kent BR6 6BX
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT: Ditas Rohl
all Subscriptions and Enquiries should be sent to the Hon. MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY: Mrs Val Pearce, 10 Witley Green, Darley Heights, Stopsley LU2 8TR, Bedfordshire, UK.
CHRONOLOGY & CATASTROPHISM WORKSHOP is intended to provide a forum for the ongoing debate in the related subjects of revised chronologies, Biblical studies, mythology, astronomy, catastrophist geology and evolution.
In its aim of increasing the possibilities for the exchange of ideas and information within the Society's membership, CHRONOLOGY & CATASTROPHISM WORKSHOP can be of great value for relaying snippets of information, members opinions, reviews of relevant news and articles, and in general for keeping members informed of anything which is going on and likely to be of interest in fields of chronology and catastrophism.
The Editor relies on regular feedback by way of contributions for publication.
The views expressed in these pages are not necessarily those of the Society; nor can the Society vouch for the accuracy of statements of fact (outside the immediate sphere of Society business) or of interpretations contained herein.
ISSN 0951-5984. Society for Interdisciplinary Studies